Tuesday, March 27

Web 2.0

Ok, I'm determined to write something on here at least 3 or 4 times a week from now on. It won't be as polished, but it will show my journey more candidly.

Right now I'm in an intensive apprenticeship program for using web 2.0 for marketing. (Web 2.0 is community sites like myspace.) It's taking almost all my time, but is truly fascinating.

I've learned that it's against the rules to place any ads on MySpace, so the only way to use it is to make an interesting profile, write daily in the blog, and invite people to a second blog away from MySpace where now and again you will invite people to opt in to an email series that will promote your business or product.

The idea is that by the time the customer/friend reaches the promotion, they have developed a relationship with you, and will be much more open to your promotion than people who are simply sold using conventional Web 1.0 methods. My mentor sites a whopping 80% conversion rate for the people who actually sign up to the email series.

Back to work now. I have a great mountain of homework to do yet tonight for the program.

PS. The program is free for 90 days, and there are still some openings left. If you are interested, email me, and I'll see if I can get you plugged in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home